(Rolling monthly contract with a view to permanent position)
Truman's has been a part of London life for over 350 years. Founded in 1666, it grew to become the biggest brewery in the world in its heyday, until it was closed in 1989. Reborn in 2010, we now brew a range of award-winning beers in Hackney Wick and own and operate three retail sites; Brick Lane Brews in London City Airport, The Newman Arms in Fitzrovia, and the recently opened Truman’s Social Club at our Head Office & future new brewery site in Blackhorse Lane (Walthamstow).
Our fantastic team have a huge love for beer, and it is important to us that everyone has a great time in the process of making and selling it. We are a small brewer with big ideas and you’ll be joining a team of people who love to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to get things done.
Based at our Head Office, you’ll be a key member of the Marketing Team, responsible for developing and publishing consistently great content in-keeping with our Brand Guidelines & TOV across social media and digital channels. The focus of this role is two-fold; to grow awareness and affinity for our Beers & Brands and to drive people into our Retail Outlets, both of which should ultimately sell more beer, to more people, more often. We can guarantee no two days will be the same!
If you love beer and creating amazing content, are an enthusiastic and fun individual who isn’t afraid to get stuck in, and you’re keen to learn and adapt quickly as we continue to grow, then we’d love to hear from you.
Initially this will be a rolling monthly contract but with a view to it becoming a permanent position in 2021.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Content Planning & Creation: Social, Website, Mailchimp, Internal & External Comms. Art direction where required when working with photographers and filmmakers.
- Retail Site Content Coordination: Create a process to utilise team members at our retail sites to generate quality content that has a genuine authentic feel whilst remaining on brand
- Manage our PR Agency relationship to ensure we smash our PR & Influencer Strategies
- Community Management inc. Review Platforms
- Art Direction
- Performance Tracking
- Ads Manager
- Asset Library & Media Pack Management
- Data Strategy & GDPR Compliance
- Test & Learn
- Stakeholder Management
- Sharing Best Practice
Experience and skills:
- Strong passion for craft beer, hospitality and social media
- Creative vision – we need someone that will generate great ideas and then make them happen
- Take awesome photos, and ideally can film too
- Engaging social content plan creation
- Copywriting – engaging, concise, no typos!
- Demonstrable skills acquired through previous roles in a Social Media/Content Management/PR environment
- Design competence on image editing software (Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- Facebook Ads Manager experience
- MailChimp campaign creation and management (preferable)
- Motion graphic design (preferable)
Success looks like:
- Delivering brilliant content regularly across all our social channels to build our brand equity
- Demonstration of how our digital activities are driving strong ROI
- Becoming an integral member of the team who is valued across all departments
What we offer (Pro-rata for rolling Monthly Contract):
- Competitive salary from £23-26k per annum depending on experience
- 28 days of annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Free beer allowance!
- Regular team socials
- Tailored Personal Development Program
- Staff discount in our bars
- Free merch
- Company pension scheme (full time contract only)
Location & Working Hours:
This role will be based at our head office on 1 Priestley Way, London, E17 6AL. Regular travel will be required to our brewery in Hackney Wick and our other two retail sites. Standard office hours are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm however due to requirements of this role, flexibility will be required to cover evenings and weekends on an ad-hoc basis. Reactive community management cover will be required over weekends on a rota basis.
How to apply:
If interested, please send your CV/portfolio and a short cover email with why you are perfect for the role and when you’d be able to start to firstname.lastname@example.org
Final deadline for applications is on Friday the 18th of September 2020. We often receive a high number of applications and reserve the right to close this opportunity for new applicants earlier. No agencies.