Truman's has been a part of London life for over 350 years. Closed in 1989 during (very) dark days for the British brewing industry, we have been working hard since 2010 to bring Truman's back to its former glory and we’re well on our way. We are now one of the largest independent brewers in London.
Our fantastic team have a huge love for beer and it’s really important to us that everyone has a great time in the process of making and selling it! We brew an eclectic range of award-winning beers in keg, cask and cans at our brewery in Hackney Wick including our flagship Roller IPA.
In 2021 we will be moving our entire brewery operation to a new site in Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow which will feature a brand-new state of the art custom brewkit, an awesome tap room, visitor centre and plenty more! It’s going to be an epic new adventure.
We also own and operate the Newman Arms in Fitzrovia and Brick Lane Brews in London City Airport, a taproom and brewery tours.
Role Overview – Production Brewer
We’re a small brewer with big ideas and you’ll be joining a team of people who love to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in with a ‘can do’ attitude – we’ll need you to be the same. We can certainly guarantee that no two days here are the same and that you will have fun and enjoy being a part of a great business and team.
Due to our exciting expansion plans we require a full time Production Brewer. This role will be initially be based at our current brewery in Hackney Wick, however all applicants will need to be able to work at the new brewery site we are building in Priestley Way, Walthamstow from late summer 2020.
We are looking for a person with a knowledge of brewing process who can manage their own time effectively to meet set goals and can work well as a part of the team.
If you love beer, are an enthusiastic and fun individual who isn’t afraid to get stuck in, and you’re keen to learn and adapt quickly as we continue to grow, then we’d love to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities
- Wort Production
- Transferring and filtering beers between vessels
- Tank CiPs
- Basic Lab work
- Yeast counting and viability testing
- Taking Gravities and pHs
- Maintaining accurate records
- Support other team members in their tasks
- Assist the Head and Lead brewers in other projects where required
Experience and skills:
- Strong passion for craft beer
- At least 2 years experience in brewing or related industry
- Minimum IBD General Certificate in Brewing, or a degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or relevant subject.
- Strong time management and ability to schedule and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Solid communication skills and a positive attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 28 days of annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Regular team socials
- Company pension scheme
- Free beer allowance!
- Tailored Personal Development Program inc. funding support for qualifications
- Staff discount in our bars
- Free merch
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV, a short cover email with why you are suitable for the role, salary expectations and notice period to Jakub (Head Brewer): email@example.com.
Final deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday the 28th of August.