One of the greatest names in British brewing, Truman's has been a part of London life for over 350 years. Closed in 1989 during dark days for the brewing industry, we have been working hard since 2010 to bring Truman's back to its former glory and we’re well on our way - we are now London’s largest independent brewery! You’ll be joining a fun team who unashamedly really love beer! We brew an eclectic range of great beer in keg, cask, can and bottles at our brewery in Hackney Wick. We also have two pubs, a popular brewery taproom and brewery tours.
We’re a small brewer with big ideas and therefore as a team we have to get involved in anything and everything to make things happen and you’ll be expected to do the same. We can certainly guarantee that no two days here are the same and that you will have fun and enjoy being a part of a great business and team!
What we are looking for
Due to upcoming exciting expansion plans, we are looking for a full time Quality Control Brewer to join us at our brewery in Hackney Wick. If you have a good knowledge of the brewing process, can manage your own time effectively to meet set goals and can work well as a part of the team, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and responsibilities
- Fermentation monitoring - taking gravities and adjusting temperatures in accordance with the fermentation plan
- Planning yeast cropping and dry hopping
- Conditioning monitoring - taking DO and carbonation reading and taking appropriate actions - ensuring beer is in specification for packaging dates
- Tank CiPs
- Transferring and filtering beers between vessels
- Lab work
- Collect and analyse samples for micro testing.
- Yeast counting and viability testing
- Maintaining accurate records
- Support other team member in their tasks
- Assist the Head and Lead brewers in other projects where required
Experience and skills:
- Ideally at least 2 years experience in brewing or related industry
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or relevant subjects advantageous but not essential
- Strong time management and ability to schedule and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
If interested please submit CV with cover letter to Jakub at Jakub@trumansbeer.co.uk
We can offer a competitive salary depending on experience.